Friday, April 24, 2020

Search for Source of Sound



It was close to midnight. I was neither fully asleep nor fully awake. A peculiar sound disturbed me.

I could not at once comprehend  what it was. It was very faint, though it annoyed me. And I wanted to know where it was coming from. My mind was not at peace.

          It was like water droplets falling on a wooden board or on a rustic tin.
          Ticking of a wooden clock.
          May be an old fan, not whirling just shaking.

I wanted to find out.
I went to kitchen to check whether I had left the water tap open. No. Peeped into the bathroom to find any water leakage. No.

Coming back to my room, I stood close to the window, setting the curtain aside. Cool breeze brushed past me with the barking of dog and the voice of an alcohol intoxicated moron shouting elsewhere.

The noise that I was searching for was coming from first floor of the building or from neighboring house. I was not sure.

My home was my boundary. I tried to sleep again. The sound was like that of a fast moving clock.



***Sign up for dailyonlinejobs and Earn Rs.500 joining bonous. Join Now

No comments: